About the job
To provide support and assist with all aspects of the Financial Accounting, Tax and Treasury functions.
This position reports to the Finance Manager.
This position will be based in Midrand.
Qualifications and Experience
- B com (Accounting)/ B com (Financial Accounting) or similar
- 3-5 Year’s relevant accounting experience
- Advanced excel skills
- Strong computer literacy
Key Knowledge Areas and Competencies
- Business procedures
- Financial Analysis and interpretation
- Excellent communication skills- upward, downward and lateral
- Conflict management
- Ability to priorities in order to meet multiple deadlines
- Planning and organizing
- Ability to work independently
- Detail orientated
- Should maintain good relationship with co-workers, stakeholders, clients of the company
- Goal orientated
- Ability to work under pressure
- A strong participative team member
- Positive attitude
- Integrity and trust
- Update the Cashbook on a weekly basis for the company.
- Investigate unknown transactions on the bank statement and resolve the queries within 2 workings days.
- Prepare bank reconciliations at month end.
Accounts Payable Management
- Ensure the accurate recording of supplier invoices into the Accounting system.
- For all new invoices confirm with the procurement officer that the supplier registration form has been received before accepting a new supplier’s invoice.
- Follow up on all pending invoices with the suppliers.
- Review reconciliations for all supplier accounts in the suppliers age analysis on monthly basis.
- Ensure that the payment list and the suppliers age analysis agree.
- Agree on the accruals that need to be raised every month with the Group Financial Manager.
- Process all monthly journals including assisting Creditors Clerk with PO’s and raising invoices on the system
- Manage supplier queries timely and professionally.
- Manage the filing of suppliers ‘invoices in an orderly manner that meets the requirements of QMS.
- Prepare all monthly payment list for all payment run
- Assist management as and when required.
Month- end Reporting
- Prepare balance sheet reconciliations the company.
- Prepare Monthly Management Accounts with variance analysis.
- Prepare the Finance Committee pack.
- Prepare the Fixed Asset Register at month end on WD2 for all companies.
- Prepare the bi-monthly/monthly VAT returns
- Prepare Internal Company Transfer reconciliations
Year-end audit and reporting
- Assist with External Auditors queries.
Budgeting and General
- Extract financial information for tenders
- Assists with Quality Management System (QMS) process
- Assist with preparation annual budget process as well as quarterly forecast
- Assist with uploading of budget on the accounting system
- Ensure accurate processing of monthly journals
- Prepare monthly General Ledger Reconciliations
- Assist with assets verification and tagging when required
- Assist with cashflow projections coordination
- Assist with the preparation of Annual Financial Statements
If you meet the above requirements, apply by sending your CV to email@example.com
Correspondence will only be conducted with short listed candidates. If you have not had any response in two weeks, please consider your application unsuccessful. Your profile will be kept on our database for any other suitable positions.
We also invite you to contact us to discuss other exciting career opportunities in our niche area!