About the job
The primary role of the generalist HRBP is to support the HR Department in the implementation of the organizational strategy, organizational structure and processes; influencing culture and values and policies and personnel management activities of the Group.
Qualifications and Experience
- Degree or National Diploma in Human Resources Management or equivalent.
- 8 – 10 Years as a HR Business Partner
- Proficiency in VIP or any HR/ Payroll system
Key Knowledge Areas and Competencies
- Planning methods and techniques
- HR business analysis and interpretation
- Excellent communication skills
- Conflict management
- Microsoft Office
- Leadership skills
- Detail oriented
- Ability to work under time pressure
- Negotiation Skills
- Supporting in the implementation of the Group strategy.
- Implements HR policies and best practice approaches in line with the Group’s requirements for growth and service delivery.
- Consult with BU Management on the identification of specific HR deliverables to the business that are aligned to the broader HR strategy and facilitate and ensure the implementation thereof.
- Assist in reviewing, administering and maintaining job descriptions.
- Facilitate and manage the internal disciplinary inquiry process
- Develops and implements tactical and operational people plans in response to business and people challenges.
Policies and Procedures
- Ensure awareness on and compliance with the Groups’ Policies and Procedures as well as LRA, Basic conditions of Employment Act and all other labour legislation.
- Coaching and advising all staff on HR related matters to ensure overall and consistent understanding.
- Support the roll out and bedding down of various HR Practices (i.e. Headcount planning, Performance Management, Succession Planning, HR Governance).
- Provide assistance in identifying and implementing performance management/ talent management initiatives.
- Coordinate career development, succession planning and talent management needs in partnership with line management.
Learning and Development
- Identify training/ skills/ competency needs within the organisation in conjunction with line managers.
- Identification of potential candidates for the Graduate Trainee Programme.
- Responsible for the management of the Graduate Trainee Programme.
- Coordination of WSP and EE Report.
Remuneration, Reward and Employee Benefits
- Alignment to Group and remuneration strategy.
- Keep abreast of trends, legislation aimed at managing organisational change, engaging employees, increase organisational effectiveness and best practices within the HR industry to optimize service delivery.
- Execute and manage change management and organisational development activities.
- Support the Employment Equity Committee and submit the Employment Equity Plans within specified timeframes to the Labour Department.
- Facilitate interventions supporting EE and Business transformation
- Collaborate with the managers to influence the execution of Employment Equity plans and monitor the progress of the plan through talent management and recruitment practices.
HR Reporting and Administration
- Compile monthly management reports all on all key output areas of the position.
- Ensure effective and consistent implementation and continuous improvement with the Group’s quality management system.
Interested applicants must send their resume to firstname.lastname@example.org by Friday, 27 April 2018.
Correspondence will only be conducted with short listed candidates. If you have not had any response in two weeks, please consider your application unsuccessful. Your profile will be kept on our database for any other suitable positions.
We also invite you to contact us to discuss other exciting career opportunities in our niche area!