About the job
This position entails performing administrative tasks to ensure that the administrative office functions are run efficiently. Understanding the purpose and background of GladAfrica and roles of other staff. The role must know about office methods and systems, office equipment, software packages and health and safety in the workplace.
This position reports to the Regional Director.
The position will be based in Bloemfontein.
Qualifications and Experience
- Matric (Grade 12);
- Tertiary Qualification in Business or Office Administration advantageous;
- Minimum 3 years of Office Administration
Key Knowledge Areas and Competencies
- Strong administration skills
- Familiarity with business software such as Microsoft Office
- A high level of confidentiality
- Excellent interpersonal and customer-facing skills
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal
- The flexibility and willingness to learn
- Tact and diplomacy
- The ability to work as part of a team
- The ability to work accurately, with attention to detail
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills competencies
- Able to work effectively under pressure, multi-task and priorities
- Team-oriented and able to work effectively as part of a team
- Reliable and dependable
- Self-managed, can take initiative and operate independently
- Attention to detail
- Excellent organisational skills
- High performance standards
- Good work ethic
- Professional appearance and friendly manner
- Detail oriented
- Ability to work under time pressure
- Overseeing the functioning of the office, ensuring that the office is kept clean and orderly.
- Assisting with all administrative functions to GladAfrica management and personnel whenever they are visiting the office.
- Assisting the local office staff members with all administrative issues.
- Acting as relief for the reception/ front desk duties as and when required
- Caretaking to the security of the office by ensuring that all windows and doors are locked and the alarm activated, if the last to leave.
- Maintaining of all office equipment, including computers, printer, scanner, binding equipment, fax machine etc.
- Maintaining and ensuring office H&S and security measures.
- Follow up on all queries from suppliers and other departments on a daily basis.
- Ensure that the Regional Director is kept informed with everything pertaining to the office at all times
- Basic report writing and assisting the Regional Director with reports and presentations as and when required.
- Maintain a professional approach in correspondence and interfacing with internal and external contracts.
- Maintain Programs for submissions of design and tender documents.
- Manage administrative functions and all available office logistics and equipment to ensure a productive environment to all local personnel as well as visiting management and visiting personnel.
- Ensure proper record keeping and document maintenance as required by the Company.
- Manage basic office purchases, requisitions and expenses and maintaining the petty cash journal.
- Receiving invoices, arranging approval and preparing invoices due for payment.
- Making sure that Finance team in JHB have all the invoices requiring payment in time.
- Handle basic enquiries from Head Office pertaining to budget spending, etc.
- Petty cash handling and reconciliation.
- Administration of timesheets, claims and all invoices.
- Purchasing and ordering stationery and other office items as required.
- Copying, email enquiries and creating and maintaining filing system.
- Ordering and maintaining stationery and equipment supplies.
If you meet the above requirements, apply by sending your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Correspondence will only be conducted with short listed candidates. If you have not had any response in two weeks, please consider your application unsuccessful. Your profile will be kept on our database for any other suitable positions.
We also invite you to contact us to discuss other exciting career opportunities in our niche area!