About the job
This position entails the planning, design and construction monitoring of water and sanitation infrastructure.
This position reports to the Team Lead – Design.
This is will be based in Midrand.
Qualifications and Experience
- B-Tech or B degree (Civil)
- Minimum 10 years’ experience in design and construction monitoring
- ECSA registration a pre-requisite
- Civil Designer/AutoCad Civil 3D
Key Knowledge Areas and Competencies
- Knowledge of standard engineering practices, techniques and procedures.
- Ability to communicate internally and externally through written and verbal means.
- Knowledge of the design and how it ultimately interfaces with the client.
- Understanding of design principles and ability to practically apply them.
- Interpersonal Communication Skills
- Problem Solving Skills
- Critical thinking skills
- Analytical Skills
- Tactical & Operational Skills
- Report writing skills
- Microsoft Office Suite
- Microsoft Project
- Communication Skills
- Time management
- Team Player
- Conducts assignments in the civil engineering field
- Plans, organises and manages projects and teams
- Makes recommendations on alternate solutions to engineering problems
- Prepares and presents technical plans and reports
- Institutes changes in methods, designs or equipment
- Designing and production of engineering drawings
- Compilation of Design Reports
- Preparation of Contract Documentation
- Preparation of Schedules of Quantities
- Construction monitoring
- Client liaison
If you meet the above requirements, apply by sending your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Correspondence will only be conducted with short listed candidates. If you have not had any response in two weeks, please consider your application unsuccessful. Your profile will be kept on our database for any other suitable positions.
We also invite you to contact us to discuss other exciting career opportunities in our niche area!