About the job
This position entails assisting with taking responsibility for the electrical sections, assemble
documentation packages and produce drawing sets which are then checked by an engineer or
Revit MEP Specialist with BIM takes responsibility for all six stages of the project as outlined
by ECSA. This person oversees and actively participates in calculations and design document
production, including managing the activities of other technical and support staff, while
working collaboratively with the outside team members. Revit MEP Specialist will be
responsible for multiple projects both public and private sectors, depending upon project size
and schedule. Experience in; residential/accommodation, educational, healthcare,
commercial and industrial buildings is key. Practical knowledge of green building principles
and process including clean rooms will be an added advantage.
A Revit MEP Specialist is expected to be a strong mentor.
This position reports to the Team Leader- Electrical.
This position will be based in Midrand.
Qualifications and Experience
- Matric or Bridged Matric, N3, Computer Aided Design software certificates.
- 10-15 years’ experience in Electrical drawing office.
- Configuration Management/BIM
Key Knowledge Areas and Competencies
- Interpersonal Communication Skills
- Problem Solving Skills
- Critical thinking Skills
- Analytical Skills
- Planning Skills
- Mentoring Skills
- Interpret wiring diagrams
- Draw up Pipe and Instrument diagrams
- AutoCAD, Revit, Solid Works
- Software interphases
- Ms Office Project
- Revit MEP
- Taking up project responsibility
- Confer with engineering staff and other personnel to resolve problems
- Draft working drawings, wiring diagrams, wiring connection specifications or crosssections of underground cables, as required for instructions to installation crew
- Draw master sketches to scale showing relation of proposed installations to existing
facilities and exact specifications and dimensions
- Measure factors that affect installation and arrangement of equipment, such as
distances to be spanned by wire and cable.
- Visit proposed installation sites and draw rough sketches of location.
- Strong knowledge of relevant building Codes and Standards; often memorized
- Strong understanding of HVAC, Electrical, Plumbing, and other Mechanical design
systems and stays current with advancing technologies especially green building
- Taking up project responsibility with the ability to manage both internal and external
- Performing site inspections and generate feasibility and/or preliminary design report
- Basic design knowledge and generating detailed schedule of quantities for HVAC,
Electrical, Plumbing, and Mechanical
- Basic all-round experience with other professional services for co-ordination
- Practical knowledge of the mechanical and electrical construction process to
improve design documents
- Attend meetings with clients, professional teams, and contractors
If you meet the above requirements, apply by sending your CV to email@example.com
Correspondence will only be conducted with short listed candidates. If you have not had any response in two weeks, please consider your application unsuccessful. Your profile will be kept on our database for any other suitable positions.
We also invite you to contact us to discuss other exciting career opportunities in our niche area!