About the job
The purpose of the position is to provide support in the delivery of reliable, accurate, timely and well-informed advice to the group and technical companies on legal matters. Manage potential legal risks and implications of various corporate strategies, business initiatives and projects. Hardworking and service delivery orientated.
This position reports to the Executive: Legal
The position will be based in Midrand.
Minimum qualifications and Experience
- Admitted attorney with 3-5 years Post Admission experience in a commercial environment and preferably Construction/Engineering background; Strong base in contract law (drafting and negotiating);
- Sound experience with drafting agreements, technical assistance and legal advice;
- Good knowledge of company law and labour law (Companies Act; LRA, BCEA).
- Experience in advising on corporate governance is an advantage. (Companies Act, King IV etc.)
- Good knowledge and understanding of the requirements of the Protection of Personal information Act.
Additional Knowledge Areas and Competencies
- Time and Priority management
- Business procedures
- People management
- Shows evidence of clear analytical thinking.
- Effective communicator
- Eagerness to learn and develop.
- Gets to the heart of complex problems and issues.
- Applies own initiates and expertise effectively.
- Strong drafting skills with meticulous attention to detail.
- Ability to work independently and/or work as a member of a team.
- Upholds ethics and values, acts with integrity.
- Strategic and analytical problem-solving skills.
- Drive for results, focuses on customer needs and satisfaction, sets high standards for quality and quantity, and consistently achieves set goals.
- Provide advice to the group on changes in relevant regulatory and legislative framework.
- Building understanding of legal issues, risks, and obligations across the business through advice and training.
- Drafting and negotiations of various Commercial Agreements and industry related agreements (Advantageous – NEC, Fidic, Procsa, GCC and JBCC)
- Document Control measures and ensuring contract management of the Group’s agree me o Added advantage of knowledge of Quality Management Systems (IS09001)
- Risk Management: Ensuring effective management of legal and contractual risks; Provide assistance to technical Companies on delay claims and contractual risk of projects and agreements.
- Keep abreast of new legislation, updated legislation and case law to monitor legislative changes and advise business accordingly.
- Assisting in the compilation of the B-BBEE Scorecard.
- Produce reports as required by senior personnel.
- Strong understanding and knowledge of PFMA, MFMA and regulatory requirements; Liaise with external attorneys and stakeholders on matters, as and when required (i) liaising and managing communications with and instructions to outside counsel and appointed experts; (ii) leading and coordinating litigation support, including but not limited to compilation of evidence, document search and review, evaluation of evidence, management of etc.; and (iii) internal updates and reports of related activities.
- Assist Company Secretariat in all general corporate governance requirements.
- Carry out any other ad hoc duties required by the group and Executive: Legal.
- Generally, assist and support the Executive: Legal and business unit in all matters
- Ensure the quality management system is correctly implemented in the business unit Compiling Legal reports.
If you meet the above requirements, apply by sending your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Correspondence will only be conducted with short listed candidates. If you have not had any response in two weeks, please consider your application unsuccessful. Your profile will be kept on our database for any other suitable positions.
We also invite you to contact us to discuss other exciting career opportunities in our niche area!