About the job
This position entails the planning, design and construction monitoring of water and wastewater treatment infrastructure.
This position reports to the Team Lead – Design.
This position is based in Midrand.
Qualifications and Experience
- B-Tech Degree (Water) as a minimum
- Minimum 8 years’ appropriate design experience
- ECSA Professional registration required
Key Knowledge Areas and Competencies
- Sound knowledge of standard treatment engineering design guidelines
- Understanding of treatment design principles and ability to practically apply them
- Competence in designing of treatment plants
- Sound knowledge of drawing standards and competent in Civil Designer and AutoCad Civil 3D
- Ability to communicate internally and externally (formal and verbal means)
- Interpersonal Communication Skills
- Problem Solving Skills
- Analytical Skills
- Civil Designer / AutoCad Civil 3D
- Microsoft Office Suite
- Microsoft Project
- Communication Skills
- Time management
- Team Player
- Conduct assignments in the water and wastewater field
- Plan, organise and manage projects and teams
- Make recommendations on alternate solutions to engineering problems in the treatment field
- Prepare and present technical plans and reports
- Engage with Process design specialists and design water and wastewater plants and produce engineering drawings
- Compile Design Reports
- Prepare Contract Documentation
- Prepare Schedules of Quantities
- Provide construction monitoring
- Liaise with Clients
If you meet the above requirements, apply by sending your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Correspondence will only be conducted with short listed candidates. If you have not had any response in two weeks, please consider your application unsuccessful. Your profile will be kept on our database for any other suitable positions.
We also invite you to contact us to discuss other exciting career opportunities in our niche area!