About the job
This position entails the accountability for client project management and is the point of contact from the Company to the Client representative. This position provides project management guidance to Client and assist Managing Director Project Managers by executing mandates that the company is required to provide. This position will commonly manage complex and large project on behalf of the Company and Client.
This position will be based in Nelspruit.
This position reports to the Regional Director.
Qualifications and Experience
- Project/ Construction Management Qualification
- 10 – 15 years construction project management experience/ 10 years’ experience in any built environment discipline at senior level
- Government client experience
- Extensive experience in management of project teams
- 8 years Senior general management experience
- Registered with as a PrCPM with SACPCMP
- Engineering background advantageous
- Quality systems knowledge
Key Knowledge Areas and Competencies
- Interpersonal Communication Skills
- Negotiation/ Refusal Skills
- Cooperation & Teamwork Skills
- Advocacy Skills
- Decision Making Skills
- Problem Solving Skills
- Critical thinking Skills
- Analytical Skills
- Tactical & Operational Skills
- Office Project
- Presentation skills
- Network strategic
- Proposal writing
- Report writing
- General Management skills with knowledge of subject
- Strategic Management
- Communication skills
- Assemble and create part content of submission of tenders.
- Source professional partners with specialist skills for JV’s.
- Assess and recommend specialists for tendering purposes.
- Review draft content for tender submissions.
- Ensure the on-time completion of bid documents.
- Contribute to the implementation of ISO9001 QMS
- Communicate quality to staff.
- Create generic Project & Construction Management content documentation for use under ISO9001.
- Institute, review, control and manage project quality in design and construction phases.
- Implement continuous review of project management quality processes for site and office environment.
Project & Construction Management
- Lead a team of project managers on built environment projects.
- Manage and control all aspects of project from initiation to design development, cost completion of the defect liability period.
- Development of client brief and project scope of works
- Implementation of:
- Project execution manual
- Communication plan
- Project controls
- Project systems
- Tenant coordination system
- Weekly progress review – planed versus actual.
- Implement remedial action plans to recover project time delays.
- Undertake reviews of extension of time delays and make recommendations to the client.
- Regular site visits to ascertain site progress, build quality, construction related concerns, interface coordination issues etc.
- Provide value engineering services to bring project costs in at budget
- Manage projects costs to provide accurate reporting to client.
- Complete the project on time and to client’s requirements and expectations.
- General filing of project documentation
- Review and approval of monthly payments for consultants and contractor, submittal to client for payments.
- Complete and issue minutes of meetings/workshops etc. within 48 hours.
- Weekly and monthly progress reporting to client and executive management.
- Preparation of Tenant Briefing Manual indicating the design parameters and fit out constraints for tenants and their teams.
- Coordinate interfaces (technical, logistics, planning, etc) between the client and his professional team and the tenant’s technical advisors, where applicable.
- Handover of retail spaces to tenants at agreed date for fit out works.
- Ensure completion of tenant fit-outs within required project schedule deadlines.
- Hold regular progress review meetings with the tenant and client stakeholders
- Encourage finalization of tenant leases (client’s responsibility) within requirements of project completion.
- Resolve technical and other constraints during tenant fit out.
If you meet the above requirements, apply by sending your CV to email@example.com
Correspondence will only be conducted with short listed candidates. If you have not had any response in two weeks, please consider your application unsuccessful. Your profile will be kept on our database for any other suitable positions.
We also invite you to contact us to discuss other exciting career opportunities in our niche area!