Assistant Resident Engineer
managing the project from a construction administration component.
This role will be based in the Eastern Cape.
Qualifications and Experience
- National Diploma: Civil Engineering
- PR Techni Eng.
- A minimum of 5 years of experience in a similar role depending on qualification
- SANRAL roads experience essential
- Experience in site supervision
- ECSA registered or eligible for registration beneficial
- Ability to effectively communicate on all levels
- Excellent in taking initiative
- Microsoft Office Suite
- Microsoft Project
- Report Writing
- Implement the GladAfrica Construction Management quality system.
- Liaise with the Contractor to manage the construction phase of the project on site.
- Set up and maintain all administrative systems for the proper management of the
- Manage the construction process to ensure that the required specifications and
quality are met.
- Manage the contract financially in that the works must be budgeted, measured and payments certified to ensure completion within the budget.
- Evaluate, comment, and keep track of the Contractors programme and progress.
- Maintain a site dairy
- Establish the site communication channels and procedures
- Compile and implement the Construction Quality Plan in conjunction with the Project Engineer.
- Identify and/or compile the required check lists to be used on the project
- Confirm the testing frequencies for the project
- Approve testing facility
- Compile the agenda and minutes of the site meetings and distribute the minutes
- Format the appendices of the site meeting
- Compile files for the applicable procedures, including the file registers
- Ensure that weekly computer back-up files are made
- Maintain an information feedback system to the Engineer
- Issue drawings and maintain a drawing register
- Assess claims in terms of the relevant specifications and submit recommendations to the Engineer
- Ensure that “As Built” drawings are updated regularly
- Ensure that “As Built” material records are updated as required
- Facilitate the process for the approval of the material mix designs
- Compile a monthly construction and photo report
- Do a monthly financial analysis of the contract and determine the risk areas
- Evaluate the Contractor’s cash flow forecast and determine the S-curve
- Submit proposals to the Engineer in case of an expected over expenditure
- Evaluate Variation Orders and submit to the Engineer
- Issue a monthly financial report
- Agree final quantities
- Assist with the close out procedures at completion of the project.
Apply for Job
Correspondence will only be conducted with short listed candidates. If you have not had any response in two weeks, please consider your application unsuccessful. Your profile will be kept on our database for any other suitable positions.
We also invite you to contact us to discuss other exciting career opportunities in our niche area!